Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Libraries Libraries Libraries

Friday was extremely successful as we all presented our library case studies and began to brainstorm for our addition design. I felt that presenting these libraries gave me a lot of knowledge on how a library works and the practical layouts for a library based on their location/ setting. I also really enjoyed being able to see how everyone chose to present their case studies. It's always helpful to see multiple examples of presentation boards and then deciding which ones worked the best and why. Personally, I really liked the layout of mine and Hannah's boards, but I was also drawn to the boards that didn't have as much of a background, or even the ones that were simply white. Regardless, the presentations were very beneficial in gaining a new perspective on not only libraries, but also how to design and create a successful presentation.

Monday was, well it was Monday. I wasn't feeling particularly motivated, but I am very excited about the next step in our design process. I honestly just don't have enough experience in Revit, otherwise I'd be a lot more willing to hop on the computer and work on the topography, etc. However, I know that learning all of this will really help me out with this project and future projects. I'm ready to keep moving on our design and develop a true program for the space. After getting the chance to visit our site, and study two other libraries in depth, I feel that we have a good grasp on how this library should work and I'm so excited to see how everyone approaches the new addition design.

No comments:

Post a Comment